health implications of taking soft drinks
soft drinks has so many health implication, ranging from causing cancer, dental problems and many more, here in this post, we will discuss all the effects, implications and many side effects of taking soft drinks.
What soft drink is
Soft drink as we all know has been the chief drink for children and some other erudite who feels that alcohol is not a better choice,
But Here are the Reasons Why you need to Reduce Soft drinks intake and also restrict your children from taking them/health implications of taking soft drinks
1 High Risk of Cancer : There have been many studies that have looked at the links between various types of cancer and fizzy drink consumption,
Drinking just one fizzy drink a day could increase a man’s chance of developing prostate cancer by around 40 per cent, secondly Drinking just one-and-a-half cans a day can increase a girl’s breast cancer risk by per cent and lastly Some chemicals that are used to colour soft drinks can cause cancer.
2. They Can Cause Diabetes: Sugar-laden drinks have been proven to increase cases of Type 2 diabetes. A study conducted between 1990 and 2000 estimated that the increased consumption of sugar-sweetened drinks contributed to 130,000 new cases of diabetes.
3. They Can Cause Premature Birth in Women:
Pregnant women were warned against drinking diet fizzy drinks after a study taken in Denmark on 60,000 women. Those who drank artificially sweetened soft drinks, whether fizzy or still, were found to be more likely to give birth prematurely. It was thought that the chemicals in the artificial sweetner changed the wombs of the women.
4. They Can Damage the Brain: As well as affecting the body, fizzy drinks have been found to alter the protein levels in the brain, which could lead to hyperactivity.
5. They can Make One Violent: A study carried out on teenagers found a link between drinking fizzy drinks, violence and the likelihood of them carrying a weapon. The researchers found that even teenagers who drank just two cans a week were more aggressive towards their friends and those who drank five or more cans a week were also more likely to have drunk alcohol or smoked at least once in the previous month.
6. Liver Damage : A study from 2009 found that sugary drinks can cause fatty liver disease and drinking just two cans per day could lead to liver damage.
7. They cause dental caries and other dental problems: soft drinks have the high risk of causing dental problems as they contain major refined carbohydrates which attract bacteria to act on them once they settle on the teeth. causing decay to the teeth.
these health implications of taking soft drinks are very bad to our health that we have to try to always avoid them as we can.
Beverage companies know the haphazard sugar cycle all too well. Those little children have an 80 percent increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes if they become regular soda drinkers. Their future will be one full of kidney problems, reproductive issues, osteoporosis, asthma, and bad teeth with dissolved tooth enamel.